As part of the activities of the project Puerto Rico Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation, we have funds to sponsor exceptional students in your laboratories to engage in summer research in collaboration at national and international sites. We would like to invite you to submit excellent candidate undergraduate students to be recipients of one of these sponsored internships. The nominated candidates should comply with the following requirements:
- to be a junior or senior student either currently or formerly involved in research with the PR-LSAMP program
- the faculty research mentor project must have an ongoing collaboration with the receiving national or international research group
- to have a reasonable expectation that the work will result in a publication The nominations should be accompanied with the following documentation:
- official student transcripts including coursework completed during the first semester 2017-2018 academic year
- a detailed one page justification for the selection of the nominated student including an assessment of the student’s past involvement in research
- one page brief proposal of approximately 1000 words
- a support letter from the receiving researcher, the dean’s office and any administrative requirements from the hosting institution, housing and insurance paperwork
The selected students will be supported for 8-10 weeks. Awards will cover travel, lodging, and meals up to a maximum of $5,200 and $6,200 for national and international research stays respectively.
Completed nominations should be received by the deadline of Monday, March 6, 2018.
Nominations should be sent to:
PR-LSAMP Academic Coordinator