Undergraduate Research Opportunities
The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (PR-LSAMP) is pleased to announce its scholarship opening for undergraduate research students in the fields of science, mathematics and engineering (STEM).
- Create or update your electronic profile on our website
- Full time enrollment (12 credits or more per semester) in an undergraduate Science, Engineering or Mathematics program
- General and major GPA of 3.10 or higher
- Statement of Purpose, (Write a two pages Scientific Essay describing your interest to conduct research)
- Title of research project
- Research summary or abstract, no more than 300 words
- Most recent official transcripts*
- 2 letters of recommendation*
* In order to participate in this research opportunity all required documents must be submitted to the PRLSAMP Office to the following address:
Resource Center for Science and Engineering
PO Box 23334
San Juan, PR 00931-3334
We invite you to apply to the research opportunity that the program provides by submitting all required documents by the deadline: August 8, 2017. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
IMPORTANT: Click here to see registration instructions
All awarded students will receive a stipend of $800.00 plus $200.00 for materials to be used in their laboratories per semester.
Our program receives over 350 applications each year of which only 90 are awarded. When applying have in regard the high competitiveness of our program.
To be eligible to apply for a PR-LSAMP stipend and participate in the Mentored Undergraduate Research Experience program, the applicant must:
Due to limitation of funds, priority will be given to those eligible applicants that will be working with researchers that are actively publishing research work.
during the second semester of the given academic year, the student must:
If accepted to the program, the students must: