- Fellow had initiated graduate studies in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics field in August 2016.
- Fellow intends to pursue and obtain a PhD degree in a STEM field in a 5 year time period.
- Fellow will meet each semester all the requirements established by the Graduate School, and the Bridge to the Doctorate Program.
- Fellow will pass each semester all courses with a grade of B or higher.
- Fellow will complete 9 credits per semester, for a minimum of 36 credits of graduate work by the end of the fellowship; as such, fellow will not withdraw from any course. Extraordinary circumstances should be discussed with the BD Coordinator prior to any action.
- If a Fellow obtains an incomplete in a course, the incomplete should be removed within a six week time period.
- Fellow will take, if required, and pass the qualifying exams on the date established by the Graduate Department.
- Fellow will submit the thesis proposal on or before July 31, 2018, date in which the BDP fellowship ends.
- Fellow will be a mentor to an undergraduate PR-LSAMP student.
- Fellow will submit a research plan including a weekly calendar at the beginning of each academic semester including summer.
- Fellow will submit a final research report at the end of each academic semester including summer.
- Fellow will participate in all BDP activities, as established in the program’s calendar for each semester, such as:
- Field trips
- Scientific meetings
- Annual NSF PI meeting
- The Puerto Rico Interdisciplinary Scientific Meeting (PRISM), Annual Best Practices Conference, Annual Transdisciplinary Conference and participate in outreach activities
- PR-EPSCoR Annual Meeting
If the Fellow drops out of graduate school midway through the semester without just cause, he/she will have to reimburse to the PR-LSAMP Program the total amount of funds awarded by PR-LSAMP for that semester, including tuition, health plan, institutional fees, stipends, travel and educational materials. PR-LSAMP reserves the right to suspend the fellowship at any time, if the Fellow does not comply with any of the above Program’s requirements.
Instruction for Registration:
- You need to have a PR-LSAMP profile. If you do not have it, click here for more information.
- Login to your profile (click here)
- On your Profile Home Page, look for the "Available Activities for Registration" and find the "Bridge to the Doctorate Program 2016-2018" and click on the "Register" button.
- Fill the registration form and submit the required documents, click on the "Register" button.