Hard copy documents you need to mail to the PR-LSAMP Office:
- Original Transcript from your institution's Registration Office - Student Copy (or any kind of other copy) will NOT be accepted.
- 2 Recommendation Letters from previous mentors/professors.
You can send the these documents by regular mail to the following address:
Resource Center for Science and Engineering
PO Box 23334
San Juan, PR 00931-3334
If you want to deliver the Recommendation Letters personally:
Resource Center for Science and Engineering
Facundo Bueso Building - 3rd Floor - Office 334
University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus
Map to PR-LSAMP Office: Google Maps
Electronic documents that you will need before you begin your registration:
- Statement Purpose Research Interests Essay (1,000 words) - MS Word format
- Transcript Receipt - PDF format
You will be asked to upload both electronic documents into the system. If you do not have them, the registration will fail.
You must read and agree with the Terms and Conditions for this activity (see, Terms and Conditions for Undergraduate Research)
Please read all steps carefully.
Login into your Profile (see How to login into the E-Registration System)
Note: If your Profile is more than 3 months old, the system will ask you to “Update” your information. Just check all fields and make changes, if necessary. Then click “Update Profile” to continue to your Home Page
If you do not have a profile in our system see: "How to create a new student profile" first then continue with Step 2
Your “Home Page” will appear (image below)
Check “Your Mentor” section:
- If this area is RED you must add a mentor (see How to choose your mentor)
- If this area is YELLOW you must ask your mentor to login into the system and accept you as his/her mentee. - The area should be green before you proceed.
- If this area is GREEN you can proceed to Step 3
Look for the “Available Activities for Registration” Section, there is a table list with activities you can register. Now find the activity you would like to register to and click on the button that is to the left – For this example we will try to register into “Undergraduate Research 2015-2016” (see red arrow, below image)
After your click the “Register” button a form will appear, fill out the fields – some fields are required.
NOTE: Undergraduate Research activity form requires to upload 2 documents:
- Statement Purpose Research Interests Essay (Word Format).
- Transcription Receipt (PDF Format).
If you do not have the files at hand, you cannot proceed with the registration process.
To upload your “Statement Purpose Research Interests Essay”, scroll down the form to the section “Upload Documents” and look for the specified field. (below image, arrow 1)
Click on the "Choose File" button (see arrow 1, above image) and a window will appear:
Browse your computer to find your “Statement Purpose” document (it has to be MS Word format), click on the document's name and then click “Open” button
For the “Transcript Receipt” scroll down the form until you see the “UPLOAD DOCUMENTS” section (see below image, arrow 2)
Click the “Choose File” button (see arrow 2, above image) and a window will appear (below image):
Browse your computer to find your “Transcript Receipt” document, click on it and then click “Open” button
After you fill all the required fields on the form and have selected the files to be uploaded, click on the “Register” button at the end of the form.
- If there are any errors on the form, the system will highlight in red all the fields that need correction. Scroll the form and seek the highlighted fields and correct them. Then click again the “Register” button
If all goes well, you will receive a message acknowledging that you have registered into the activity and the documents were uploaded successfully (below image)
You can check your registration status on the “Registration Status” section at the end of your “Home Page". You will see a list of the activities that you are registered to. For Undergraduate Research you will see a table that have 3 periods:
- Fall (August-December)
- Spring (January-May)
- Summer (June-July)
This table also includes:
- Status column (to check if you are accepted for the period)
- Reported column (to know if you have reported for this period)
- Action column (to upload a report for this period)
- Compliance column (to see if your mentor is in compliance with your work at the end of the period)
You will need to check this table every now and then, to see the status of your registration for each period. Use this table to upload your report at the end of each period.