Electronic documents that you will need before you begin your registration:
- Thesis Topic - MS Word format
- Personal relevant background, and future goals - MS Word Format
- Graduate Research Plan - MS Word format
- Transcript (student's copy) - PDF format
- Letter of Acceptance to the Natural Science Program from DEGI - PDF format
Each document must not exceed 1.5 MB. If the file is bigger, try deleting images or in case of PDF scanning, try black and white settings instead of color.
You will be asked to upload all electronic documents into the system. If you do not have them, the registration will be incomplete.
Please read all steps carefully.
Login into your Profile (see How to login into the E-Registration System)
Note: If your Profile is more than 3 months old, the system will ask you to “Update” your information. Just check all fields and make changes, if necessary. Then click “Update Profile” to continue to your Home Page
If you do not have a profile in our system see: "How to create a new student profile" first then continue with Step 2
Your “Home Page” will appear (image below)
Check “Your Mentor” section:
- If this area is RED you must add a mentor (see How to choose your mentor)
- If this area is YELLOW you must ask your mentor to login into the system and accept you as his/her mentee. - The area should be green before you proceed.
- If this area is GREEN you can proceed to Step 3
Look for the “Available Activities for Registration” Section, there is a table list with activities you can register. Now find the activity you would like to register to and click on the button that is to the left – For this example we will try to register into “Bridge to the Doctorate 2019-2020” (see red arrow on image below)
After your click the “Register” button a form will appear, fill out the required fields.
On the “LETTER OF RECOMMENDATIONS:“ section, add the contact information from your 2 references. Please be extremely careful when writing their names and email addresses correctly. Because, with this information the system will generate an email with a special link for both references that will allow them to upload their recommendation letters into our database.
PR-LSAMP will not accept recommendation letters by email or hard copies.
After you fill all the required fields on the form, click on the “Register” button at the end of the form.
- If there are any errors on the form, the system will highlight in red all the fields that need correction. Scroll the form and seek the highlighted fields and correct them. Then click again the “Register” button
The system will automatically send an email to each of your references asking them to upload their recommendation letter into the E-Registration System. You will see a confirmation message inside a green square on top of the next page. (view image below)
The next page that will appear to you is the UPLOAD DOCUMENTS Page. To upload a document follow these steps:
- Click on the button (see red arrow on image below)
- Find your document and select it
- Click the "Open" button
- If successful, you will see a document icon inside the green square
Repeat this procedure for each of the required documents on the page
Click "Back Home" button at the bottom of the page when finished.
Back at your profile "Home Page" go to the "Registration Status" section and find "Bridge to the Doctorate Program".
To the right you will see the status of the registration. If all your documents have been uploaded, and both of your references have uploaded their recommendation letters, it will show "Registration completed".
Take a look at your uploaded documents right below the status. If any file is missing, the color of the text will be red. You can go back to the form with the "Edit" button (on the far left side) and upload the missing files.
Below the "Uploaded Documents" list you can also check all status of the recommendation letters. If after a few days any of the recommendation letters are not uploaded (red text), you may then re-send to your references the “upload link” e-mail by clicking on the “Re-send e-mail” button. If your reference still has not received the e-mail, please contact us. Also make sure that the e-mail is not in the "spam" or "junk" folder.